Maintaining Your Home
There is quite possibly no worse feeling than coming back to a home that isn’t cool. When the weather heats up, we depend on our air conditioners to significantly cool and maintain the temperatures in our homes. Because of this, things can go wrong and serious emergencies can happen. Whether you need an inspection or general maintenance, you can rely on the experts at RiteTemp A/C & Heating, LLC for all your air conditioner needs. Even when you need emergency ac repair in Lanham, MD, contact us. Dial (240) 640-6578 to get started.
Emergency AC Repair Signs to Look For
So, what is an AC emergency? It can be easy to assume that anything and everything is an emergency when it comes to your AC system. Especially when the weather heats up and you aren’t feeling the cool air. That in mind, there are a few things that contractors consider an emergency. We’ve listed a few examples for you here.
- Crashing: Nothing seems worse than an AC system that won’t start. If you notice that it is having trouble starting or staying on, there could be a number of things wrong. Check the circuit breakers first, then contact a contractor to inspect your system.
- Short Cycling: Short cycling happens when your AC system will turn on for a few minutes, then almost immediately turn off. This happens because there is usually a miscommunication between the thermostat and the AC settings.
- Electrical Failures: A major sign that something is wrong is when your AC system is using more electricity than necessary. You’ll notice this if it is tripping circuits, the lights dim, or creating a burning smell. If you start to notice any of these signs, contact a technician immediately to check the problem.
- Strange Noises: If your AC system is making loud, grinding sounds as it starts up or stops, something may be wrong with a fan or motor. Most likely there isn’t enough lubrication, which a technician can easily correct for you.
- Strange Smells: No matter what, when you are noticing strange or unwanted smells throughout your home, it’s important to have it looked at. If you are noticing smells when your AC system kicks on, contact a technician to get started on an inspection.
If you feel your AC system is behaving in any way similar to the ways mentioned above, don’t attempt to search for emergency AC repair how-to tutorials. Instead, rely on the experts for professional services. Doing so will ensure a safe process as well as a safe home. There are a lot of intricate parts to an air conditioner and even to an HVAC system as a whole. Trusting a professional technician with your AC system is like trusting a professional contractor for a skylight repair.
Advantages of Emergency AC Repairs
Perhaps the number one advantage to investing in emergency repairs is safety. Doing so can ensure that your home, space, or property of any kind is well-kept and safe. Many may not be aware of the fact that air conditioner or furnace problems can be more than just a lack of warm or cool air. These problems can affect the indoor air quality of your property, resulting in asthma and other respiratory problems. To avoid them, regular maintenance is suggested, but sometimes accidents do happen. Rather than waiting for obvious signs, it’s best to contact a technician as soon as possible. They can examine your system to determine if you need repairs or if a complete boiler replacement is the better option.
We understand that a main reason property owners don’t invest in repair services is the cost. There are no two ways about it, emergency AC repair costs can get expensive fast. Especially since emergencies happen at seemingly inconvenient times. Don’t wait to have emergencies fixed or repaired because of money. You can rely on trusted companies like RiteTemp A/C & Heating, LLC to provide reasonable prices for necessary services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does emergency AC repair cost?
- It really depends on who you are working with. Some contractors may charge a labor fee while others may not. Generally, many contractors will have a base fee between $50 and $100. Emergencies may cost more if they are happening after hours.
- Why is my air conditioner not working?
- There are a number of reasons why your air conditioner may not be working. It could be the thermostat, low freon, failed blower fans, or more. In any case, it could be an emergency that requires expert attention.
- How often should I get my air conditioner serviced?
- Generally speaking, your HVAC system should be inspected at least once a year. Ideally, your air conditioner should be checked in the spring while your furnace or boiler should be checked in the fall.
- What are considered emergency repairs?
- A lack of air flow, the smell of gas, a faulty thermostat, and more. Any of these could be the result of other problems that require immediate or emergency assistance.
Connect With Us Today
For help with emergency AC repair in Lanham, MD, look no further than RiteTemp A/C & Heating, LLC. We are here to help you with all your air conditioner and heater needs. Call us at (240) 640-6578 to set up an appointment.